Novo-Profen 400 mg Tablets (pack size: 50)
This medicine is used to relieve pain and fever.
Dosage/Directions for use Adults: 1 tablet every 4 to 6 hours as needed. Maximum 3 tablets per day. If the medicine causes stomach upset, take it with food or milk.
Speak to your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine if you:
- have high blood pressure, asthma, heart failure, diabetes, alcoholism, a history of stomach bleeding, or any other serious disease or condition
- are taking an anticoagulant (blood thinning medicine),oral corticosteroid, or any other drug
- are breast-feeding
- are over 65 years of age
- are taking low-dose acetylsalicylic acid (ASA)
- suffer from asthma or have nasal polyps (a swelling inside the nose)
- are dehydrated (severe fluid loss)
- have a blood-clotting disorder (e.g. hemophilia, sickle-cell anemia, etc.)
- have a heart disease
- have any unusual urinary symptoms (e.g. bladder problems)
- are on a special diet (e.g. low-sodium)
- suffer from hyperkalemia (high levels of potassium in your blood)
Do not take this medication if you:
- are allergic to or have had a reaction to ibuprofen, acetylsalicylic acid (ASA), or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or salicylates
- have a complete or partial syndrome of ASA intolerance
- have active or recurrent stomach ulcer, gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding, or active inflammatory bowel disease (e.g., Crohn's, colitis)
- have liver or kidney disease
- have systemic lupus erythematosus
- are pregnant, unless advised otherwise by a doctor
Consult a doctor if your pain lasts longer than 5 days, or fever lasts longer than 3 days.
If you are taking any other medicines, ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking Novo-Profen Tablets. Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
Prescribing information is available to pharmacists and physicians upon request.
IngredientsEach tablet contains: Ibuprofen 400 mg
Non-medicinal ingredients in alphabetical order: Carnauba wax, colloidal silicon dioxide, FD&C Yellow # 6 Aluminum Lake, hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized starch, silicon dioxide, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium starch glycolate, and titanium dioxide.
StorageStore this product between 15°C and 30°C. Protect it from humidity.
Learn more about Pain Management